Juniper Networks Certified Internetwork Associate JNCIA-Junos
The Juniper Networks Certification Program (JNCP) is a multi-tiered program of written and hands-on lab exams that serves to validate the technical skills of networking professionals on Juniper Networks technologies. Gain the foundations required to work with the Junos Operating System (OS) and to configure and route a Junos device-based network in this two-day course. You will also prepare to take the Juniper Networks Certified Internet Associate – Junos (JNCIA-Junos) certification exam.
After a brief overview of the Junos device families, you’ll learn about the key architectural components of the software. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring basic device operations.
You will dive into routing and configuration, beginning with an overview of general routing concepts and covering routing policy and firewall filters and Class of Service (CoS).
What are the Prerequisites
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnections (OSI) model.
- Basic knowledge of IP addresses
- Basic understanding of TCP / IP protocol
What is the target audience
- IT literate candidate
- Support person
- Beginners also can join
Jobs Demand Trends for Juniper JNCIA-Junos Engineer
The chart below depics a 3-month moving average for salaries quoted in permanent IT jobs for Juniper JNCIA-Junos Engineer within the UK. Their average salary is £40,000 (source: itjobswatch.co.uk).
JNCIA-Junos Course Objectives
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives
- Describe the basic design architecture of the Junos OS
- Able to perform configuration tasks for features and services such as system logging (SYSLOG) and tracing, Network Time Protocol.
- Identify and provide a brief overview of Junos devices. (NTP), configuration archival, and SNMP.
- Perform tasks within the CLI operational and configuration Modes.
- Identify and use network utilities.
- Upgrade the Junos OS.
- Perform file system maintenance and password recovery on a Junos.
- Configure and monitor network interfaces.
- Navigate within the Junos J-Web interface.
- Explain basic routing operations and concepts.
- View and describe routing and forwarding tables.
- Configure and monitor OSPF.
- Describe the framework for routing policy and firewall filters.
- Explain the evaluation of routing policy and firewall filters.
- Write and apply a routing policy.
- Write and apply a firewall filter.
- Describe the operation and configuration for unicast reverse path forwarding (RPF).
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 16 hours
- Skill level Associate
- Language English
- Students 311
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self