Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching
Welcome to our most popular associate level Cisco certification training program the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching training course.
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Training on Real Equipment with Subject Matter Expert Trainer and Consultant
Why CCNA Routing and Switching?
It is a first step for most novices in the networking industry.
One of the most sought-after credentials in the tech industry, CCNA Routing and Switching certification is undoubtedly Cisco’s most popular certification. And Cisco being the major player in the networking and networking security field has great leverage in existing and new technologies.
CCNA Routing and Switching (R&S) is one the most esteemed certifications for someone, who is willing to pursue their career in IT Networking/Cloud / Security/ Wireless /Storage or looking to upskill from System to networking as well.
The reason is evident it provides the foundation in IT networking, and without a solid foundation, no one can build a 100-storey building.
Most of the delegates either try self-study, videos or go to an institute where the instructors have no consultancy background, thus leaving key skill gaps and embarrassment in front of prospective employers during an interview even with the basic concepts.
Most successful network engineers embark on their networking careers with achieving the CCNA certified status. With this certification, you will be certified by the Networking Leader.
Cisco pioneered most routing and switching technologies — and continues to lead the way with the greatest market share and largest installed base in the industry.
Career Paths/Job Roles:
The Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification training course prepares anyone looking to work in any of the following roles:
- 1st Line Support
- 2nd Line Support
- Network Engineer
- Network Analyst
- Network Support Engineers
- Network Implementation Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Telecom’s Support Technician
- Network Consultant
- Network Specialist
- Network Installation Engineer
- Network Services Engineer
- Network Engineer Associate
- 3rd Line IT Support Analyst
Jobs Demand Trends for Cisco CCNA Roles
As you can see from the following chart, the average salaries in permanent IT jobs for Cisco CCNA within the UK have been on the rise. The average salary is £40,000 (source: itjobswatch)
Why Join our CCNA Routing and Switching training course
Cisco Certified Networking Associate CCNA Routing and Switching certification is the single most popular networking certification and passing the exam requires more than just reading the books or watching some prerecorded videos.
Experience Certified NOT Paper Certified
Passing the exam requires a thorough and deep understanding of networking fundamentals and network-security technologies that are covered in the CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum.
With the latest rendition of the CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 curriculum, Cisco has removed a lot of legacy technologies such as Frame Relay. And has introduced some much-needed changes to steer the exam away from topics covered in other specialist CCNA certifications (e.g. Wireless, Security) and turned the focus back onto the core routing and switching technologies.
They have also brought in an introduction into Software Defined Networking (SDN), BGP, Quality of Service (QoS) and Cloud networking which was previously lacking badly.
Also included is the understanding the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points, along with additional focus on IPv6 and basic network security.
Gain hands-on experience, don’t be just a paper tiger.
Our Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching training course comes with tools to help you learn industry best practices and gain hands-on experience. From entry level to expert level, we offer instructor-led and self-paced training options with a hands-on focus for every learning style and budget.
Our experienced industry experts bring in the hands-on knowledge and real life scenarios to make the learning experience both intensive and fun.
What will I gain from joining this course
Recommended tools to help you learn best practices and gain hands-on experience. From entry level to expert level, we offer instructor-led and self-paced training options with a hands-on focus for every learning style and budget. Some of the skills you will gain include:
- Familiarisation with the basics of Networking fundamentals
- Understanding of packet & frame delivery from node to node on the LAN
- Understanding the importance of OSI/TCP models in the big picture
- Understanding IP addressing standards and schemes
- Identify networking topologies and trace packet flow
- Become adept at troubleshooting and identifying faults and solving trouble tickets
- Design and implement solutions using Cisco Routers and switches
- Implement network services such as DNS, DHCP, Network Address Translation and Access Control
- Become familiar with routing protocols such as RIP, EIGRP and OSPF
- Understanding advance networking concepts such as WAN, SDN, BGP to name a few
Validate your learning:
Assess Cisco routing and switching knowledge and new skills proving to hiring managers that IT professionals are ready to design and deploy digital-ready networks.
Continually hone skills throughout your career as an Enterprise network engineer.
- Expand your knowledge base and validate your skills to appeal to potential employers.
- Improve your potential earning power to command a higher salary.
- Learn to perform complex, hands-on activities through lab, study and practice sessions.
- Gain exposure to a wide variety of important features, functions, and tasks.
- Develop a Defence in Depth mindset against threat factors.
- Differentiate yourself from your peers with broader & deeper capabilities to defend your infrastructures using best approach for protection.
Why train for CCNA Routing and Switching with Tor Networks
In this day and age when there are plenty of resources available for self study and training, there is still no alternative for instructor-led hands-on training.
With nearly two decades of IT industry experience our trainers have plethora of expertise in teaching and training novice candidates into mastering the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum.
Our CCNA Routing and Switching (RS) course will ensure that the learner gains extensive hands-on experience on the Real & Licensed hardware along with an industry-experienced trainer with only one vision in mind.
Watching boring videos, reading books or practicing on your PC with VM Images is helpful, but the first-hand experience on live Network Equipment with our expert trainers and consultants will give enough confidence and expertise to someone who is new to technology.
The advantages of studying on our real/live devices, will not only enhance student confidence and knowledge also provide them competitive advantages in an interview.
The unique combination of Expert Trainers and next generation
“Network & Security” LAB setup ensures not only the maximum exposure to the entire Technology but also facilitates learning in a distinctly conducive environment with our highly skilled and Industry experienced, CCIE and CCNP Certified Trainers.
During and after the class, every candidate will have access to his dedicated network device/topology, Task List based on the real-world scenario, which will be assessed and verified by our subject matter expert.
There are a lot of topics covered. Please click on show curriculum Tabs for details.
Jobs Demand Trends for “Cisco Certified Network Associate”
Earn up to 300 to 400 per day
What do I learn after successful completion of this course
The Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching certification training course covers a wide range of fundamental knowledge areas and skill-sets:
- Understand the functioning of a computer network and how it interacts with other interconnected devices
- Comprehend how to form a secure IT network by interacting with various network topologies
- Setup and validate VLAN & inter-switch communications on a switch and troubleshoot any issues
- Understand how IP Services work and implement an IP addressing schemes to meet specific network requirements
- Setup, configure and validate routing and router operations on current Cisco devices and troubleshoot any issues
- Understand and Identify network security threats and describe threat mitigation methods & countermeasures
- Describe and perform the appropriate tasks for wireless local area network (WLAN) administration
- Setup and verify WAN links and execute the proper methods for connecting to a wide area network
- Implement & support Network Address Translation (NAT) and Access Control Lists (ACLs) in branch office networks
What are the Prerequisites for this Course
We don’t require any specific prerequisites for this course, however, attendees should be familiar with the following:
- Basic literacy of personal computers, familiarity with the command prompt
- Basic know-how of IPv4 addresses
- Intermediate Internet usage skills
Frequently Asked Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Course Questions
- Q: What Exams are covered with this Course
A: By completing this course you can prepare for the following Cisco exams
- 200-125 CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX)
- 100-105 ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- 200-105 ICND2 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
- Q: What topics are covered in this course?
A: Please follow the following link to a detailed list of topics: 200-125 Exam Topics
- Q: What is the course mode
A: This is an Instructor led lab based training with small classes of maximum 5-6 delegates.
- Q: How long do the two CCNA exams last?
A: ICND1 (100-105), the first of the two CCNA exams lasts 90min in length and the second CCNA exam ICND2 (200-105) lasts 75min in length.
- Q: Can I take my CCNA Routing and Switching exams from home?
A: No. The CCNA exams must be taken at a Cisco authorised training centre
- Q: Am I required to re-certify my CCNA Routing and Switching certification?
A: Yes. Cisco’s CCNA Routing and Switching certification is valid for only (3) three years after passing the ICND2 or CCNAX exam, and after that time, you will simply need to write (1) one exam to re-certify.
Lab Access & Lab Guide:
Work at your own pace and time and enjoy the 24/7 LAB access during and after the class via the Secured Remote VPN.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level Associate
- Language English
- Students 229
- Assessments Yes
Training with Tor Networks
Tor Networks not only train people but successfully transform them into IT consultants.
We are the only institute whose trainers are not only certified but they come with real world consultancy background. At Tor Networks all topics are covered with the extensive hands-on training and real-world perspective.
Many IT training providers focus on getting students ready for the certification exams. There is no doubt about the value of certifications for career development and getting a job in the industry, but it is the extensive hands-on skills that will help you retain not only your job but also proficiency in the technology.
Real-life situations can be a lot more challenging. There is less room for error in the industry and so getting the essential life skills with our subject matter expert trainers & consultants who have years of working experience is pivotal for a successful career.
We are your partner in preparing you for the right skill set and the development you deserve. Whether it is core networking concepts or vendor-specific training, come and join us and experience the boost in confidence that our students feel after completing courses with us.
Tor Networks Money Back Guarantee?
100% Money back guarantee if not satisfied – No questions asked
“Some of the highlights make us distinctive in the industry.”
Tor Networks Next Gen LAB
We are always adding the latest next-generation real network equipment in our LAB.
We have spent 100s of hours designing our lab, where students are gaining extensive hands-on experience, and lab relates to the real and live network environment, giving the opportunity to the candidate to gain valuable industry experience and sharpen their Skills.
- Hands-on training is on Real & Licensed Equipment.
- 24/7 Secure Remote LAB access.
- Separate LAB Kit for Each candidate.
- Real world Scenario Environment.
Tor Networks NextGen Network Equipment
Below are the devices in our state of the art Network and Security LAB available 24/7 via Cisco’s secure VPN.
- Cisco 6 x 3750-X and 6 x Cisco 2800 Running Latest IOS 15.X
- 2 x Fortinet 60E in HA environment and FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer
- 2 x Cisco ASA 5512X Firepower in HA environment and FireSIGHT Management System
- 2 x Palo Alto PA-500 Firewall in HA environment and Panorama Platform
- 2 x Check Point Firewall in HA environment and Security Management Platform
- 2 X Juniper SRX Firewall in HA environment and JUNOS Space Network Management
- 2 X F5 Load balancer in HA environment BIG-IP Central Management
- 2 x Cisco ASA 5510 in Multi context environment
- 2 x Blue Coat Proxy 800 SG
- 2 x Riverbed Steelhead 250 250H Desktop WAN Application Accelerator
Subject Matter Expert Trainers
- Industry Experienced Subject Matter Expert Trainers & Consultants.
- Innovative Training Methodology
- Extensive Hands-on Experience
Tor Networks Support
- Recorded Class Sessions
- Flexible Timing (Morning, Evening, & Weekend)
- CV and Recruitment Support
- Continued Support during and after the training
- 5 Star Trustpilot & Google Rating
- Pass 1st time or Free Re-Take (Conditions Apply)
- Instructor-Led Online, Onsite, & Classroom.
I learned so much with practical training
I learned so much with practical hands on training and was very impressed with the quality of training.
Clear your concepts with this training
If you want to keep your concepts about the networking topics, this is the training for you. It helped me a lot and hope that others will benefit as well.
Hands on practical training to make good engineers. The labs are highly effective very important for the concept building. Recommend training to all.
Easy to understand language
Very effective training, easy to understand language which is very important. Recommended course for all.
Nice Training good instructor
Training was nice, and enjoyed the labs with experienced instructors. I am going for the next course in August. Thanks
What hardware kit do you use for Training?
Ans: We have 4 x Cisco 3750, 6 x Cisco 2800 & connected to a live network environment
How can I see CCNA exam Topic?
How will I be getting access to the LAB?
We use Cisco remote VPN Client for MAC, Windows, IOS, and Android. Once you connect to our VPN, you can access our lab remotely from any location.
How long will the lab access be provided?
Interest-free LAB access for all the candidates during the class and 1-week extra lab access is part of all our packages. We can provide extra access if needed (please contact our support team).
How do trainers provide continued support?
During and after the class, Trainer is available via phone, WhatsApp, and email.
I have an interview, can you help?
Give us a 24 to 48-hour notice before your interview, and one of our consultants would be happy to help.
My LAB access is not working, who should I contact?
Contact our support team, and we would try to respond ASAP.
What if I miss a class?
Alert your trainer and support team before you leave, and we will try to provide a meeting ID to join anywhere.
Moreover, we will also record the class, and someone can easily pick up. In some cases, you can join our later class as well.
Do you provide a Task to perform?
Our Trainers and consultants have Industry experience; every trainer utilizes his experience, and we create a Task List for every candidate who is verified by our Trainers as well.
How can you test a Task which I have performed?
Inform your Trainers, via WhatsApp, email, or phone that you have completed your assigned Task and he will verify and respond to it. Where needed, we will also arrange 1 to 1 meeting as well.
How can I test my configuration?
During the training, the trainer will show how to test. Also, we will provide a test PC for every candidate to our live Network.
How long will it take to share the Recorded Class Session?
Video conversion always takes some time; we aim to share in 2 hours, however, allow up to a maximum of 12 to 24 hours. There is always an option to contact the support.
Can I connect two PCs to the VPN?
Tor Networks has a strict policy to connect one PC at a time. We don’t allow anyone to share his VPN user/password details with anyone. If found guilty, Tor Networks has the right to remove you from VPN list and will not refund the fee. However, in exceptional circumstances, we can provide alternative solutions. Please contact our support team.
What if I share video or other details with anyone?
We will not allow anyone to share or tamper our material. All our material has a copyright, and if found guilty, we have the right to prosecute the person.