Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching
Welcome to our most popular associate level Cisco certification training program the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching training course.
Why CCNA Routing and Switching?
It is a first step for most novices in the networking industry.
One of the most sought-after credentials in the tech industry, CCNA Routing and Switching certification is undoubtedly Cisco’s most popular certification. And Cisco being the major player in the networking and networking security field has great leverage in existing and new technologies.
Most successful network engineers embark on their networking careers with achieving the CCNA certified status. With this certification, you will be certified by the Networking Leader.
Cisco pioneered most routing and switching technologies — and continues to lead the way with the greatest market share and largest installed base in the industry.
Career Paths/Job Roles:
The Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification training course prepares anyone looking to work in any of the following roles:
- 1st Line Support
- 2nd Line Support
- Network Engineer
- Network Analyst
- Network Support Engineers
- Network Implementation Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Telecom’s Support Technician
- Network Consultant
- Network Specialist
- Network Installation Engineer
- Network Services Engineer
- Network Engineer Associate
- 3rd Line IT Support Analyst
Jobs Demand Trends for Cisco CCNA Roles
As you can see from the following chart, the average salaries in permanent IT jobs for Cisco CCNA within the UK have been on the rise. The average salary is £40,000 (source: itjobswatch)
Why Join our CCNA Routing and Switching training course
Cisco Certified Networking Associate CCNA Routing and Switching certification is the single most popular networking certification and passing the exam requires more than just reading the books or watching some prerecorded videos.
Experience Certified NOT Paper Certified
Passing the exam requires a thorough and deep understanding of networking fundamentals and network-security technologies that are covered in the CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum.
With the latest rendition of the CCNA Routing and Switching 200-125 curriculum, Cisco has removed a lot of legacy technologies such as Frame Relay. And has introduced some much-needed changes to steer the exam away from topics covered in other specialist CCNA certifications (e.g. Wireless, Security) and turned the focus back onto the core routing and switching technologies.
They have also brought in an introduction into Software Defined Networking (SDN), BGP, Quality of Service (QoS) and Cloud networking which was previously lacking badly.
Also included is the understanding the interactions and network functions of firewalls, wireless controllers and access points, along with additional focus on IPv6 and basic network security.
Gain hands-on experience, don’t be just a paper tiger.
Our Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching training course comes with tools to help you learn industry best practices and gain hands-on experience. From entry level to expert level, we offer instructor-led and self-paced training options with a hands-on focus for every learning style and budget.
Our experienced industry experts bring in the hands-on knowledge and real life scenarios to make the learning experience both intensive and fun.
What will I gain from joining this course
Recommended tools to help you learn best practices and gain hands-on experience. From entry level to expert level, we offer instructor-led and self-paced training options with a hands-on focus for every learning style and budget. Some of the skills you will gain include:
- Familiarisation with the basics of Networking fundamentals
- Understanding of packet & frame delivery from node to node on the LAN
- Understanding the importance of OSI/TCP models in the big picture
- Understanding IP addressing standards and schemes
- Identify networking topologies and trace packet flow
- Become adept at troubleshooting and identifying faults and solving trouble tickets
- Design and implement solutions using Cisco Routers and switches
- Implement network services such as DNS, DHCP, Network Address Translation and Access Control
- Become familiar with routing protocols such as RIP, EIGRP and OSPF
- Understanding advance networking concepts such as WAN, SDN, BGP to name a few
Validate your learning:
Assess Cisco routing and switching knowledge and new skills proving to hiring managers that IT professionals are ready to design and deploy digital-ready networks.
Continually hone skills throughout your career as an Enterprise network engineer
Why train for CCNA Routing and Switching with Tor Networks
In this day and age when there are plenty of resources available for self study and training, there is still no alternative for instructor-led hands-on training.
With nearly two decades of IT industry experience our trainers have plethora of expertise in teaching and training novice candidates into mastering the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum.
What do I learn after successful completion of this course
The Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching certification training course covers a wide range of fundamental knowledge areas and skill-sets:
- Understand the functioning of a computer network and how it interacts with other interconnected devices
- Comprehend how to form a secure IT network by interacting with various network topologies
- Setup and validate VLAN & inter-switch communications on a switch and troubleshoot any issues
- Understand how IP Services work and implement an IP addressing schemes to meet specific network requirements
- Setup, configure and validate routing and router operations on current Cisco devices and troubleshoot any issues
- Understand and Identify network security threats and describe threat mitigation methods & countermeasures
- Describe and perform the appropriate tasks for wireless local area network (WLAN) administration
- Setup and verify WAN links and execute the proper methods for connecting to a wide area network
- Implement & support Network Address Translation (NAT) and Access Control Lists (ACLs) in branch office networks
What are the Prerequisites for this Course
We don’t require any specific prerequisites for this course, however, attendees should be familiar with the following:
- Basic literacy of personal computers, familiarity with the command prompt
- Basic know-how of IPv4 addresses
- Intermediate Internet usage skills
Frequently Asked Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching Course Questions
- Q: What Exams are covered with this Course
A: By completing this course you can prepare for the following Cisco exams
- 200-125 CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated (CCNAX)
- 100-105 ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1)
- 200-105 ICND2 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 2 (ICND2)
- Q: What topics are covered in this course?
A: Please follow the following link to a detailed list of topics: 200-125 Exam Topics
- Q: What is the course mode
A: This is an Instructor led lab based training with small classes of maximum 5-6 delegates.
- Q: How long do the two CCNA exams last?
A: ICND1 (100-105), the first of the two CCNA exams lasts 90min in length and the second CCNA exam ICND2 (200-105) lasts 75min in length.
- Q: Can I take my CCNA Routing and Switching exams from home?
A: No. The CCNA exams must be taken at a Cisco authorised training centre
- Q: Am I required to re-certify my CCNA Routing and Switching certification?
A: Yes. Cisco’s CCNA Routing and Switching certification is valid for only (3) three years after passing the ICND2 or CCNAX exam, and after that time, you will simply need to write (1) one exam to re-certify.
- Lectures 1
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level Associate
- Language English
- Students 229
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Self
This is the course outline
I learned so much with practical training
I learned so much with practical hands on training and was very impressed with the quality of training.
Clear your concepts with this training
If you want to keep your concepts about the networking topics, this is the training for you. It helped me a lot and hope that others will benefit as well.
Hands on practical training to make good engineers. The labs are highly effective very important for the concept building. Recommend training to all.
Easy to understand language
Very effective training, easy to understand language which is very important. Recommended course for all.
Nice Training good instructor
Training was nice, and enjoyed the labs with experienced instructors. I am going for the next course in August. Thanks