CCSA certification validates a Security Administrator’s ability to maintain day-to-day operation of Check Point security solutions and ensure secure access to information across the network.
Check Point Security Administration (R77) is a foundation course for Check Point’s Security Gateway product. Check Point Security Administrator course covers all the objectives of CCSA (156-215.77) and it will help you develop skills to deploy and manage Check Point Security systems and provides an understanding of basic concepts and skills necessary to configure Check Point Firewall on the GAiA OS.
CCSA Course Objectives
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Overview and introduction of the Check Point Technology
- Describe Check Point’s unified approach to network management, and the key elements of this architecture.
- Design a distributed environment using the network detailed in the course topology.
- Install the Security Gateway version R77 in a distributed environment using the network detailed in the course topology.
- Check Point Software Blades.
- Given Check Point’s latest integration of CoreXL technology, select the best security solution for your corporate environment.
- Given network specifications, perform a backup and restore the current Gateway installation from the command line.
- Evaluating security policies and optimizing rule base.
- Identify critical files needed to purge or backup, import and export users and groups and add or delete administrators from the command line.
- Deploy Gateways using sysconfig and cpconfig from the Gateway command line.
- Use the Command Line to assist support in troubleshooting common problems on the Security Gateway.
Technical persons who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades should attend this course. This could include the following: system administrators, system engineers, security managers and network engineers.
What are the Prerequisites
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- Fundamental Knowledge of networking
- Windows Server or UNIX/Linux skills
- Experience with Internet and TCP/IP
After successful training and certification you can progress into the following roles:
- Security specialist
- 3rd line network security
- Check Point Firewall specialist
Next Step in Certification
- Check Point CCSE
You can check the course objectives and the latest Checkpoint CCSA exam topics by visiting the following resourses:
This training helps prepare students for CCSA exam #156-215.77 available at VUE test centers www.vue.com/checkpoint.
This exam contains 90 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions, with a passing score of 70% or higher. The exam is based on 80% course
materials and 20% hands-on experience with Check Point products. Students should have at least 6 months experience with Check Point products before challenging the exam.
|1.0 Introduction to Check Point Technology||00:30:00|
|2.0 Check Point Solutions||01:00:00|
|3.0 The Security Policy||01:00:00|
|4.0 Network Address Translation and NAT Policy||02:00:00|
|5.0 SmartView Tracker and Smart View Monitor||02:00:00|
|7.0 Introduction to Check Point VPNs||04:00:00|
|6.0 Using Smart Update||03:00:00|
|Check Point CCSA R70 Lab Exercises||08:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.