Check Point Security Engineering (CCSE) certification is an advanced training program that covers the creation, modification, implementation and troubleshooting of security systems on GAiA operating system. We have developed this course for resellers and expert users who need to perform advanced deployment configurations of a security gateway. Attendees will be able to debug firewalls, configure security gateways, implement and optimize VPNs, perform advanced troubleshooting activities and upgrade management servers, upon completion of this CCSE course.
CCSE Course Objectives
Students will learn indepth about firewall processes and take a close look at user and kernel processes and Stateful Inspection. Here are some of the tasks involved with CCSE training:
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server using your understanding of the differences between backups, snapshots and update-exports
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management
- Server using a database migration
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered
- Security Gateway deployment
- Use knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructures, chain modules, packet flow and kernel tables to perform debugs on firewall processes
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL
- Load Sharing deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL High Availability deployment on an enterprise network
- Build, test and troubleshoot a management HA deployment on an enterprise network
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration solutions on the corporate network traffic to ensure noted performance enhancement
- Using an external user database such as LDAP, configure User Directory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for Remote Access or across a VPN
- Troubleshoot user access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness
- Troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate based VPN on a corporate gateway using IKE View, VPN log files and command-line debug tools
CCSE Course Syllabus
- Software acceleration features
- Advanced and in-depth explanation of Check Point firewall technology
- Key tips and techniques for troubleshooting Check Point firewall technology
- Advanced upgrading concepts and practices
- Clustering firewall, management concepts and practices
- Advanced VPN concepts and implementations
- Reporting tools, deployment options and features
The Check Point Security Engineering certification training is for anyone wishing to pursue the CCSE certification. Also system administrators, system engineers, security managers and network engineers or any technical persons who support, install, deploy or administer Check Point Software Blades should attend this course.
Attendees should meet the following prerequisites:
- CCSA Certification or Security Administration
- Intermediate to advance Knowledge of Certificate Management
- Windows Server or UNIX/Linux skills and experience with TCP/IP
You can check the course objectives and the latest Check Point CCSE Details by visiting the following resourses:
This training helps prepare students for CCSE exam #156-315.77 available at VUE test centers www.vue.com/checkpoint.
This exam contains 90 multiple-choice, scenario-based questions, with a passing score of 70% or higher. The exam is based on 80% course
materials and 20% hands-on experience with Check Point products. Students should have at least 6 months experience with Check Point products before challenging the exam.
No Reviews found for this course.